Central Library, 4th Floor
Computer Classes, Testing Information and GED
Computer Classes for Adults
Free introductory computer classes for the general public are offered.
Click here for September, 2015 computer class schedule.
Classes offered include:
• Computer Basics
• Windows Basics
• Internet Basics
• Word Basics
• Introduction to E-mail
• Excel Intro
• PowerPoint Intro
• Publisher Intro
• Job Resource Lab
• GED, ACT, SAT, GRE, TOEFL, ASVAB, GACE
• Mavis Beacon CD-ROM for learning and improving keyboarding skills
• Other academic tests, civil service, and individual examinations.
• Visit www.afpls.org/ecampus for online learning resources.
Equipment and materials
• CCTV - for persons with low vision
• VCR, DVD player and Monitor - for viewing of videos and dvds found in the department's Reference Collection
• Educational videotapes
Language & Literacy Services
• English as a Second Language - ESL classes are offered during the week. For class days and times, please call 404.730.1940.
• Adult Literacy Services - Adults, if you need help with improving your basic reading skills, we match volunteer tutors with adult learners. Adults are matched based on the time availability of tutors.
Classes meet in the Learning and Career Center, 4th Floor of the Central Library downtown. Registration is not required. See directions to Central Library by MARTA or car.
For other English as a Second Language classes in metro Atlanta (including Sandy Springs, Roswell & Northeast/Spruill Oaks locations) contact your local branch.
GED Classes are offered at the Central Library, East Point, and Fairburn branches through a partnership with the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System, Adult Learning Center (APS), and Youth Enhancement Service, Inc. A valid state ID is needed for placement. Please click on GED classes at Central for the days when new students may come for class placement and to find information about the days and times of classes and new student class registration requirements. Call the GED Information Line at 404.730.1837.
GED Test Registration is now done online at www.ged.com. For testing information, contact 877.392.6433.
Back to top