Court locators. For all states, see the National Center for State Courts locator. For the state of Georgia, this links to georgiacourts.org and contains a helpful Court Structure Chart. For Fulton County, see fultoncourt.org, which includes links to municipal courts.
Offender Search Sites
Stolen and Lost Wireless Devices - consumer guide from the Federal Communications Commission.
• Children / • Victim Assistance / • Research / • Local data
School violence, violence against children [back to top]
- Parents in Fulton County or the City of Atlanta searching for a missing child should call 9-1-1. Other instructions on what to do immediately from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
- National Runaway Switchboard. Information about and help for runaways. The switchboard acts as a conduit for messages between runaways and their caretakers and administers the HOME FREE program, which provides free rides for runaways who wish to return home.
Victims, victim assistance [back to top]
For researchers [back to top]
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics. From The U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics. Over 600 tables gathering data on these broad topics: Criminal justice characteristics, public opinion, crime & victims, arrests & seizures, courts & sentencing, prisons & penalties.
- Uniform Crime Reports. This site links to annual statistical publications derived from the Uniform Crime national reporting system, which is information on crime gathered from law enforcement. Key reports are "Crime in the United States" (1995-), "Hate Crime Statistics" (1995-), and "Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted" (1996-).
- Key national data from the US Centers for Disease Control Injury Center. Link to WISQARS.
- The National Crime Victimization Survey tells how many rapes, sexual assaults, robberies, assaults, thefts, household burglaries, and motor vehicle thefts U.S. residents age 12 or older and their households experience each year, whether reported or not.
- The FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin contains analysis of issues in law enforcement along with regular columns notifying the enforcement community of new products and reports.
- Child welfare and child abuse data : types of maltreatment of children and recurrence of maltreatment plus data on children in foster care and children awaiting adoption. This data, collected by states as required by Federal law, is gathered by age, race and sex.
Local data [back to top]