How do I place a hold?
Use iBistro, the library's catalog, and your library card to request almost any title that we own. You may choose any of our libraries as your pick-up location except for the Auburn Avenue Research Library. We will notify you by phone or email when your Hold is available for you to pick up. You may have up to fifteen (15) active requests at a time as long as your card remains in good standing. Please stop by any of our libraries to make certain that we have your most recent email address and/or telephone number.
- From the library’s homepage, click on Books & Materials on the top bar, then My Account.
- Enter your user ID (your library card# without a space) and your PIN. Your initial PIN is CHANGEME.
- Locate your item in our catalog then go to the left of the screen, click on the Details button.
- To the left of the screen, click on the Place Hold button.
- Choose a Pick-Up branch by clicking on the drop-down window.
- Suspension Dates remain blank unless there is a time frame when you will not be able to pick up a hold item if it becomes available to you. For example, a date when you may be on vacation.
- Click on the Place Hold button.
"You have successfully placed a Hold"