Reserve a Meeting Room
Care & Use
Libraries with Meeting Rooms
Meeting Room/AV Equipment Request & Check-Out Form
Art Exhibit Application (Central Library)
Official AFPLS Meeting Room Policy
The Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System is pleased to offer free meeting room space for community use. The availability of meeting room space is on a first-come, first-served basis by application.
Here's what you need to know to request meeting room space:
• All programs and meetings must be free and open to the public.
• Meeting room space is not available for private meetings and events.
• Those using the library's meeting rooms are subject to the rules set forth in the library system's Code of Conduct.
• Priority for meeting room usage is given to library sponsored programs.
• A completed meeting room application should be submitted to the library manager or designee. Meeting room applications are available on-line or at any library location.
• Individuals signing the Meeting Room Application must have a current AFPLS borrower's card.
• To ensure all groups have equal opportunity to book meeting rooms, organizations and groups can reserve meeting rooms twice per month.
• Permission to meet in the library does not constitute an endorsement of an individual's or group's beliefs.
• Users of library meeting rooms may not at any time use the name, address nor telephone number of the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System as the official address or headquarters for any individual, organization or business.
• Due to space constraints, the library may not be able to post flyers or other material relating to meeting room use.
• Refreshments are allowed at some facilities. Please check with the manager.
• Fees may be assessed to meeting room applicants or user groups for the repair of damages to facilities.
• In selected facilities, meetings and programs may continue for 1 hour past closing of the facility.
For more specific information regarding meeting room usage at the Central Library and at branch libraries, please call the facility of interest. Audiovisual equipment is available only at the Central Library and a request form must be completed and submitted to the office of the Central Library Administrator for review and approval. Thank you for your interest in our meeting room facilities.
The Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System does not discriminate in making its
premises available to the community on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Reserve a Meeting Room
Groups must hold their meetings during regular library hours. Permission to use a meeting room after normal branch hours must be obtained from the Library Manager/designee when booking the meeting room. Meetings may continue for one hour after closing in branches where the meeting room is completely separate from the rest of the library. Individuals signing the Meeting Room Application form must ensure that the room is in order, the lights are turned off, and the doors are securely locked after the meeting has ended.
Individuals should submit Meeting Room Application forms at least two (2) weeks before the actual event. Rooms are assigned in the order requests are received. Requests should be submitted to the appropriate Library Manager/designee of the library facility where the meeting is planned.
Failure to comply with regulations or abuse (including three  "no shows") will result in suspension of the right to use the meeting rooms for one year.
In the event of emergency closing of a unit, every effort will be made by the Library Manager/designee to notify the contact person listed on the application. Notice of cancellation should be made as soon as possible.
After 30 minutes, a group may forfeit its reservation if it fails to appear as scheduled.
Back to top
Care & Use of Meeting Rooms
Groups planning to have food and/or refreshments during their meeting must receive approval from the Library Manager/designee prior to the meeting. Red punch or foods containing dyes that may stain carpets or equipment are not permitted.
Simple food may be served by groups provided that the food is brought in ready to serve and the group supplies all utensils. The group is responsible for complete cleanup afterwards.
The meeting room must be left in the order in which it was found. Tables and chairs may be rearranged, provided they are returned to their original arrangement at the end of the meeting. Facilities will be inspected after each meeting. A fee will be charged to users for repair of damage to facilities or for special cleaning as determined by the Library Manager/designee. Fees for damages to a facility will be assessed to the library card record of the individual who signed the Meeting Room Application.
Back to top