Visit tutor.com today and have a successful school year!
2016 Nonfiction Award Finalists Announced
The 2016 finalists are:
- “Enchanted Air: Two Cultures, Two Wings: A Memoir” written by Margarita Engle, and published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing;
- “First Flight Around the World: The Adventures of the American Fliers Who Won the Race” written by Tim Grove, and published by Abrams Books for Young Readers, an imprint of ABRAMS;
- “Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War” written by Steve Sheinkin, and published by Roaring Brook Press, an imprint of Macmillan’s Children’s Publishing Group;
- “Symphony for the City of the Dead: Dmitri Shostakovich and the Siege of Leningrad” written by M.T. Anderson, and published by Candlewick Press;
- “This Strange Wilderness: The Life and Art of John James Audubon” written by Nancy Plain, and published by University of Nebraska Press
Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults
Best Fiction for Young Adults
Great Graphic Novels
Fabulous Films for Young Adults
Outstanding Books for the College Bound
Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults
Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
Looking for good reads? Try these resources:
2015 Top Ten Best Fiction for Young Adults
The Carnival at Bray. By Jessie Ann Foley. (97809895115597). Maggie has only recently moved to Ireland when tragedy strikes and her goal becomes seeing Nirvana perform in Rome.
The Crossover. By Kwame Alexander. (9780544107717). Josh, aka Filthy, is a twin, a talented basketball star, and a son who adores his father but discovers parents are not infallible.
The Gospel of Winter. By Brendan Kiely. (9781442484894). As Aidan’s family disintegrates, he turns to Father Greg for love and comfort, an act that transforms into something dark and unexpected.
I’ll Give You the Sun. By Jandy Nelson. (9780803734968). Artistically gifted twins, Jude and Noah, tell their compelling family story in rich alternating voices.
Jackaby. By William Ritter. (9781616203535). Answering an odd help-wanted ad that cautions “Do not stare at the frog,” Abigail finds that her life is about to change in ways she couldn’t have imagined.
Noggin. By John Corey Whaley. (9781442458727). Travis Coates has lost his head—literally. Dying of leukemia, he has had his noggin surgically removed and cryogenically frozen. But when he’s revived, all is not the same as it once was.
The Story of Owen: Dragon Slayer of Trondheim. By E. K. Johnston. (9781467710664). Dragons live everywhere and they’re threatening to exterminate a Canadian town unless dragon slayer Owen, and his bard Siobhan, come up with a plan to save them all.
Vango. By Timothee de Fombelle. (9780763671969). Moments before his ordination as a priest, 19-year-old Vango, falsely accused of murder, must flee for his life.
We Were Liars. By E. Lockhart. (9780385740579). Suffering from serious injuries, Cadence doesn’t remember much from the summer of her fifteenth year on Beechwood Island. Two years later, she returns to try to fill in the gaps.
The Young Elites. By Marie Lu. (9780399167836). An intense fantasy about Adelina, an outsider girl who is rescued by the legendary Reaper, the leader of the Young Elites. But can Adelina keep her friends and sister safe?
Check Out the Teen Scene because TEENS READ